TgZ CS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened to texangirlz?

3 posters

Go down

What happened to texangirlz? Empty What happened to texangirlz?

Post  james0482 Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:09 pm

i doubt this will get a reply lol since no one has been here in a while. I havent played in a few years and i went by the name in the texagirlz servers as the donkey man. Dont know if anyone remembers me. Anyway i am playing counter-strike again and wondering what happened to the servers? ? I miss them Sad

james0482

Back to top Go down

What happened to texangirlz? Empty Hey

Post  DroPZ0nE Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:47 pm

I was curious to see what happened with this community so I googled it. Looks like everyon left =\ I use to play under the name DroPZ0nE. I miss this place.

DroPZ0nE

Back to top Go down

What happened to texangirlz? Empty Re: What happened to texangirlz?

Post  gumpa Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:11 pm

A history (sorry no dates) of the demise of Texangirlz for anyone who makes their way here. I was there until the end.

- When TGZ was in its prime there were multiple 32 player servers (East, North, South, etc) supporting classic play on the standard maps and a 28 player "hardcore" server that used some different maps, had friendly fire and would slay all surviving players who did not complete their objective at round end.
- After cs:source came out, some of the player base was lost. I never had source so I don't recall for certain, but I believe TGZ did have a single source server running for awhile.
- As the game got older, the community got smaller. It was a slow decline. Some active leaders of the community (remember IVAN)? tried to get the TGZ community to shift its focus to newer games such as Battlefield and Neverwinter Nights but ultimately failed.
- One day, out of nowhere the TGZ forums exploded. All posts were lost and all previous threads deleted. I seem to recall it just being gone for like a week before it came back up. This was a huge blow to the community as everyone had to start over from scratch and many people never came back. The community was never the same after this happened and was essentially dead at that point. The servers were already mostly empty.
- Not too long after this (weeks or months, I can't remember) everything disappeared without notice. Forums were gone and so were the servers. Kind of disappointing there was no farewell from the community owners but everything was like a ghost town by then anyway. Attempts were made to contact Boss Hogg (owner) without success.
- Someone created this forum as a shrine to TGZ.

This all happened years ago so I probably have some of the details mixed up, but I would say it's close enough. It's good to see that people still pop in here from time to time. Sorry it took me 4 years to do so myself.

gumpa

Back to top Go down

What happened to texangirlz? Empty Re: What happened to texangirlz?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down